CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 2, 2012

Mason Jar Madness

It's official...I'm mad about mason jars.  Before starting this post I actually went around the house to see how many mason jars I have in use. Please don't judge, Sean and Sutton already think I'm becoming a jar hoarder.

Here's the count:
3 on the kitchen table (See Mod Podge Rocks)
1 holding flowers in the garden window
1 holding dry erase markers (See DIY: Tinted Mason Jars)
1 holding cooking utensils (See More Mason Jars)
1 as a lotion dispenser (See Mason Jar Lotion Dispenser)

If that isn't crazy enough, I have 9 more sitting on my desk waiting to be used.  What's even more ridiculous is that I clean out the refrigerator just so I could clean out the glass jars we weren't going to use.

Ok, I admit it, I have a problem : /

BUT, just to prove I'm not a jar hoarder, I have been looking up more fun ways to use glass/mason jars.  First, I must say that I don't take credit for any of these ideas, but I do plan on putting my own twist on them when I do make them.  

Frosted Jars:
This first idea is amazing! I've been wanting to use frosted spray paint on some jars but all the ideas I came up with looked too wintery.  These are perfect! I can just see them still out on the deck or on the stone wall in front of the house.  Plus, if you notice the jars aren't mason jars, my pickle jars will work perfect for this craft. 
Frosted Jars
-------------------------------- 

Needle and Thread:
This next idea is very fitting for Sutton, she is 4'11 (sorry to call you out girl) so she is always having to hem her pants. She is so handy with needle and thread it's ridiculous.  I can't wait to get to Hobby Lobby and start this project for her.
Needle and Thread
 --------------------------------
Growing Grass:
This idea is kind of silly but I thought it was so cute.  When I saw this I honestly thought of my Mom.  Since she's in Texas and there is hardly any green grass in the summer, this little project could help bring the green grass she wishes she had, in the house. I might just have to snag a couple baby food jars from work and try this myself.  Also, this could be a really cute idea for an Easter center piece by adding some little plastic eggs.
Growing Grass

----------------------------
Matted Finish:
This is a super easy craft project to do with any glass jar.  All you need is some hot glue and matte finish spray paint.  Using the hot glue to write on the bottle then spray painting it makes it look as though the words are a part of the glass.  You can also use the glue to make designs on the glass. Simple and really cute. 
Matted Finish
-------------------------
Staying Organized: 
This last idea is something I will for sure be recreating. As I'm sure you can imagine, I have a ton of craft supplies now!  This mason jar project is a perfect way to store your supplies in a cute but practical way.  I can't wait to get started on this one.
Staying Organized
At least I have come up with some ways to get some use out of the jars I have collected.  Stay tuned to see how the projects turn out :)



1 comments:

Julie

Love your Blog, Emily! I don't get here as oftenas I wish but I will be coming back more often. - Julie

Post a Comment