CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 12, 2012

A Wreath for a Friend

My friend Lauren from work bought supplies to make herself a yarn wreath but never go around to doing it.  So, being the great friend I am, I offered to do it for her.

Supplies:
* One straw wreath (leave the plastic wrapping on)
* Yarn
* Several pieces of felt
* Scissors
* Hot glue gun

I started out by tying the yarn in a knot to hold it on the wreath.  I then started wrapping the yarn around and around until all of the wreath's surface was covered.  You need time and patients for this step, it took me about 45mins to finish wrapping. You can either hot glue your yarn to the wreath when you are done, or tie in to another piece of yarn.


I wanted to try some different flowers this time, so I found a helpful tutorial on how to make wavy flowers. 
Here is the link --> No Sew Felt Flower Headband


 Once a had made about 15 different sized flowers, I arranged them on the wreath.  After some tweaking I finally came up with a what you see here.


 This was such an easy project, and was one of my more simple wreaths but it was still fun making it.
Check out my other wreaths here: Wonderful Wreaths


0 comments:

Post a Comment