CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 27, 2012

Motives


As you know I started this blog in hope to trigger my creativity that has been dormant of the past few years due to text books being crammed down my throat.  I must admit, I have had some alterior motives.  After spending the last year or two contemplating what it is I want to do with my life I have finally come to a conclusion...at least for now.  I want to be an event planner...now before you start judging let me explain.  

First of all I am a marketing major.  Do you know what most marketing majors do after they graduate? I'll give you a second to think about it........SALES. Yuck, yuck, yuck! If you couldn't tell I have noooo desire to go into sales.  Granted, I understand that selling myself in this type of industry is a given and I'm fine with that, it's selling crap I don't care about that I hate the idea of. 

Secondly, I fell like as a young women with endless opportunities I have the power to steer my career on the path I choose...that and most advertising jobs look for people with 5 years experience, but never mind that :)  Anyways, here I am! I'm hoping this blog will give me the chance to put some of my ideas out there and hopefully having a web presence (besides Facebook) will help me in the future.  As of right now the only follower I have is my mom (thanks mom).  Yes, I know it's sad but as the disembodied voice from Field of Dreams said "If you build it, they will come" 




0 comments:

Post a Comment