CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pretty DIY Wreaths

After eating breakfast and watching Cupcake Wars with Reese, I realized it was time to be productive.  If it was up to her we would have spent all day on the couch :) So, after applying for a few jobs I decided it was time for a post.

My Reese

I would first like to give a shout out to Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/) for showing me how to make these awesome wreaths.  They are so much fun to make and the fact that they are easy makes it so much better.  I got all of the supplies at Hobby Lobby so they were fairly cheap.

All you need is:
* 1 Wreath (I like the straw ones that are wrapped in plastic. I also leave the plastic on)
* 1 Pack of yarn (any color you like)
* Several piece of felt (Whatever color you like)
* Hot glue gun

Covering your wreath:
This part is the most time consuming but it's really simple.  All you do is wrap the yarn around the wreath until it is covered.  See, I told you it was easy.

Making flowers:
I found these examples online so you can follow along
Making the flowers is my favorite part.  You take your felt and cut out circles, I usually cut then about the size of a CD.  After your have cut your circles,  you start cutting from the outside, following the shape of the circle.  When you are done it should look like a swirl.  From there you roll the felt.  Once you have rolled the flower add a dab of hot glue. There you go, you have a flower.
-------------------------------------------
The first one I made was for the fall.  I picked colors that would look good on my front door and, tried to keep it pretty simple since it was my first attempt.





-------------------------------------------
As winter came along I wanted to do something with a little more flair. So, for the Christmas wreath I added little sparkly berries to give it a little something extra.





------------------------------------------------------
The most recent one I made was for the winter months.  I got really crafty with this one and went for an argyle  pattern with blue and white snowflakes.




<3 Em

0 comments:

Post a Comment